This host is installed with Advantech Studio and is prone multiple to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code. Impact Level: System/Application.
Upgrade to hotfix 7.0.01.04 or higher, For updates refer to http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSearchByProduct.aspx?keyword=Advantech+Studio
The flaw exists due to a buffer overflow error in the ISSymbol ActiveX control (ISSymbol.ocx) when processing an overly long 'InternationalOrder', 'InternationalSeparator', 'bstrFileName' or 'LogFileName' property, which could be exploited by attackers to execute arbitrary code by tricking a user into visiting a specially crafted web page.
Advantech Advantech Studio 6.1 SP6 Build 61.6.0
- ALZip MIM File Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BaoFeng Storm '.smpl' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CA eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware 'ppctl.dll' ActiveX Control BOF Vulnerability
- Adobe PageMaker Font Structure Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Reader 'Plug-in' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)