This host is installed with Alleycode HTML Editor and is prone to Buffer Overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code or compromise a user's system. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
Multiple boundary error exists in the Meta Content Optimizer when displaying the content of 'TITLE' or 'META' HTML tags. This can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow via an HTML file defining an overly long 'TITLE' tag, 'description' or 'keywords' 'META' tag.
Alleycode HTML Editor version 2.21 and prior
- Adobe Photoshop PNG Image Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Mac OS X)
- Beatport Player '.m3u' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities - Jun09 (Linux)
- CCProxy CONNECTION Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CTorrent/Enhanced CTorrent Buffer Overflow Vulnerability