The host is running ALLMediaServer and is prone to stack based buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the application. Failed attacks will cause denial of service conditions. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to a boundary error when processing certain network requests and can be exploited to cause a stack based buffer overflow via a specially crafted packet sent to TCP port 888.
ALLMediaServer version 0.95 and prior.
Send the crafted HTTP GET request and check the server crashed or not.
- CuteFTP Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CursorArts ZipWrangler 'ZIP Processing' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ACDSee FotoSlate PLP Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Adobe PageMaker Font Structure Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities