The host has Alpine installed and is prone to Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code, but requires that the utilities are configured as a delivery backend for a mail transfer agent allowing overly long destination mailbox names. Impact Level: Application
Update to higher Version or Apply patches from, http://www.washington.edu/alpine/tmailbug.html ***** NOTE : Ignore this warning, if above mentioned patch is applied already. *****
The flaws are due to boundary error in the tmail/dmail utility, when processing overly long mailbox names composed of a username and + character followed by a long string and also by specifying a long folder extension argument on the command line.
University of Washington Alpine 2.00 and priror on Windows.
- BreakPoint Software, Hex Workshop Buffer Overflow vulnerability
- Cogent DataHub Unicode Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader Buffer Overflow Vulnerability Sep09 (Win)
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- BigAnt IM Server HTTP GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability