This host has ALZip installed and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability. Vulnerabilities Insight: The flaw is due to an error in libETC.dll when processing the 'filename' field within MIM files.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the application. Failed attacks will cause denial-of-service conditions. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to version 8.21 published after June 29th, 2011 For updates refer to http://www.altools.com/ALTools/ALZip.aspx ***** NOTE: Ignore this warning if above mentioned version is already installed. *****
ALZip version 8.21 and prior.
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- ALZip MIM File Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BigAnt IM Server HTTP GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- DATAC RealWin SCADA Server On_FC_CONNECT_FCS_a_FILE Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ChaSen Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)