Apache CouchDB is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This may let the attacker steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. Apache CouchDB 0.8.0 up to and including 1.0.1 are vulnerable.
The vendor has released updates. Please see the references for details.
- Apple Mac OS X Multiple Vulnerabilities - 02 Jan14
- Adobe Products Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability June-2011 (Windows)
- Avant Browser Address Bar Spoofing Vulnerability
- Apple iTunes Insecure Permissions Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- Apple Safari Multiple Vulnerabilities Dec13 (Mac OS X)