By making a request to the Apache web server ending in '?M=A' it is sometimes possible to obtain a directory listing even if an index.html file is present. It appears that it is possible to retrieve a directory listing from the root of the Apache web server being tested. However, this could be because there is no 'index.html' or similar default file present.
Unless it is required, turn off Indexing by making the appropriate changes to your httpd.conf file.
- CommuniGate Pro Web Mail URI Parsing HTML Injection Vulnerability
- Ecava IntegraXor Account Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- IOServer Trailing Backslash Multiple Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities
- Authentication bypassing in Lotus Domino
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Multiple Vulnerabilities