The Apache 2.0.x Win32 installation is shipped with a default script, /cgi-bin/test-cgi.bat, that allows an attacker to execute commands on the Apache server (although it is reported that any .bat file could open this vulnerability.) An attacker can send a pipe character with commands appended as parameters, which are then executed by Apache.
This bug is fixed in 1.3.24 and 2.0.34-beta, or remove /cgi-bin/test-cgi.bat
- Null HTTPd Server Content-Length HTTP Header Buffer overflow Vulnerability
- EasyPHP Webserver Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CoreHTTP 'src/http.c ' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Multiple Vulnerabilities - March 2011
- Media Player Classic (MPC) Webserver Multiple Vulnerabilities