This host has iTunes installed, which is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code in the context of an application. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Apple iTunes version 9.2.1 or later, For updates refer to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
The flaw is exists in the handling of 'itpc:' URL, when loaded by the user will trigger a buffer overflow and execute arbitrary code on the target system.
Apple iTunes version prior to 9.2.1
- AIMP ID3 Tag Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader SING 'uniqueName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Adobe Reader '/Registry' and '/Ordering' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- ALLMediaServer Request Handling Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Avaya WinPDM Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities