The host is installed with Apple Mac OS X operating system and is prone to sandbox profiles security bypass vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let attackers to gain unauthorized access to restricted network resources through the use of Apple events. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The kSBXProfileNoNetwork and kSBXProfileNoInternet sandbox profiles fails to propagate restrictions to all created processes, which allows remote attackers to access network resources via apple events to invoke the execution of other applications not directly restricted by the sandbox.
Apple Mac OS X version 10.5.x through 10.7.2
- Microsoft Office Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities-2949660 (Mac OS X)
- Mac OS X Security Update 2010-001
- Apple Mac OS X Predefined Sandbox Profiles Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Microsoft Office Word Remote Code Execution Vulnerability-2680352 (Mac OS X)
- Apple iTunes Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (Mac OS X)