This host is installed with Apple Safari Web Browser and is prone to Buffer Overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause the application to crash via long URI value in the CSS background property. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to improper bounds checking while processing Cascading Style Sheets background images property.
Apple Safari version 4.0.3 on Windows.
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in Adobe Acrobat and Reader (Win)
- Beatport Player '.m3u' File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Flash Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Adobe InDesign 'INDD' File Handling Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability