This host has Audacity installed and is prone to Buffer Overflow vulnerability.
Attacker may leverage this issue by executing arbitrary script code on the affected application, and can cause denial of service. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to version 1.3.6 or latest http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Error in the String_parse::get_nonspace_quoted function in lib-src/allegro/strparse.cpp file that fails to validate user input data.
Audacity version prior to 1.3.6 on Linux.
Updated on 2017-03-28
- Adobe Flash Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Adobe Reader '/Registry' and '/Ordering' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Win)
- Adobe PageMaker Font Structure Multiple BOF Vulnerabilities
- ActiveFax RAW Server Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CuteFTP Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability