This host has BarCodeWiz installed and is prone to Remote bufer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code within the context of the affected application that uses the ActiveX control. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to a boundary error in 'BarcodeWiz.dll' when handling arguments passed to the 'LoadProperties()' method, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long argument to the LoadProperties method.
BarCodeWiz Barcode 3.29 and prior.
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Audition '.ses' Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Windows)
- Cyrus IMAP Server 'split_wildmats()' Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Apache mod_proxy content-length buffer overflow
- Bopup Communication Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability