This host is installed with Beatport Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to improper bounds ckecking when opening specially crafted '.M3U' file.
Beatport Player version 126.96.36.1993 and prior.
Updated on 2017-03-28
- Asterisk HTTP Manager Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Cyrus IMAP Server 'split_wildmats()' Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multimedia Doc.media.newPlayer Code Execution Vulnerability (Win)
- Apple QuickTime Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Windows)
- Apache APR and APR-util Multiple Integer Overflow Vulnerabilities