BigAnt IM Server is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability because it fails to perform adequate boundary checks on user- supplied input. An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running the server. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. BigAnt IM Server 2.50 is vulnerable other versions may also be affected. NOTE: This issue may be related to the vulnerability described in BID 28795 (BigAnt IM Server HTTP GET Request Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability). We will update or retire this BID if further analysis or reports reveal that the two records represent the same vulnerability.
Updates are available. Please contact the vendor for details.
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multimedia Doc.media.newPlayer Code Execution Vulnerability (Win)
- Alpine tmail and dmail Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Win)
- avast! 'aswRdr.sys' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Apple iTunes '.pls' Files Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Cscope putstring Multiple Buffer Overflow vulnerability