This host is running Blazevideo HDTV Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let the attackers execute arbitrary codes within the context of the application and can cause heap overflow in the application. Impact level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one. For updates refer to http://www.blazevideo.com/hdtv-player/index.htm
Player application fails while handling crafted arbitrary playlist plf files.
Blazevideo HDTV Player 3.5 and prior on all Windows platforms.
- Adobe Photoshop Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- ACDSee FotoSlate PLP Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Citrix Provisioning Services 'streamprocess.exe' Component Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Apple iTunes 'itms:' URI Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Attachmate Reflection FTP Client LIST Command Remote Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability