This host is installed with Blue Coat K9 Web Protection, which is prone to stack based buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow remote attackers to cause stack based buffer overflow by sending specially crafted malicious code containing and overly long http version information and reference header. Impact Level : System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaws exist due to errors in filter services (k9filter.exe) when handling - http version information in responses from a centralised server (sp.cwfservice.net). - Referer: headers during access to the web-based K9 Web Protection Administration interface.
Blue Coat K9 Web Protection versions 3.2.44 and prior on Windows (All)
- NTP Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- Novell iManager jclient 'EnteredAttrName' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IpTools Tiny TCP/IP Servers Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player USF and Text Subtitles Decoders BOF Vulnerabilities (Windows)