This host has Hex Workshop installed and is prone to Stack based Buffer Overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation could allow remote attacker to execute arbitrary code and can cause denial-of-service. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one For updates refer to http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads
Application fails to adequately sanitize user input data, which in turn leads to boundary error while processing of Intel .hex files.
BreakPoint Software, Hex Workshop version 126.96.36.19903 and prior on Windows.
Updated on 2017-03-28
- BaoFeng Storm ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- CA ARCserve Backup Multiple Bufffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Apple iTunes 'itpc:' URI Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BigAntSoft BigAnt IM Message Server Multiple Vulnerabilities