A security vulnerability exists in the Messenger Service that could allow arbitrary code execution on an affected system. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could be able to run code with Local System privileges on an affected system, or could cause the Messenger Service to fail. Disabling the Messenger Service will prevent the possibility of attack. This plugin determined by reading the remote registry that the patch MS03-043 has not been applied.
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (937143)
- Microsoft DHTML Editing Component ActiveX Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (956844)
- Microsoft IIS FTP Service Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities (975254)
- Microsoft Distributed File System Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities (2535512)
- Microsoft Forefront Protection For Exchange RCE Vulnerability (2927022)