It was possible to kill the remobe web server by requesting GET /cgi-bin/A.AAAA[...]A HTTP/1.0 This is known to trigger a heap overflow in some servers like CERN HTTPD. A cracker may use this flaw to disrupt your server. It *might* also be exploitable to run malicious code on the machine.
Ask your vendor for a patch or move to another server
- Weborf 'get_param_value()' Function HTTP Header Handling Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- Lighttpd 'mod_userdir' Case Sensitive Comparison Security Bypass Vulnerability
- httpdx 'USER' Command Remote Format String Vulnerability
- CoreHTTP CGI Support Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft IIS ASP Stack Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability