The host is running Cogent DataHub and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation may allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code within the context of the privileged domain or cause a denial of service condition. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Cogent DataHub version 7.1.2 or later. For updates refer to http://www.cogentdatahub.com/Products/Cogent_DataHub.html
The flaw is due to a stack based unicode buffer overflow error in the 'DH_OneSecondTick' function, which can be exploited by sending specially crafted 'domain', 'report_domain', 'register_datahub', or 'slave' commands.
Cogent DataHub 184.108.40.206 and prior.
- Citrix Provisioning Services SoapServer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CA eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware 'ppctl.dll' ActiveX Control BOF Vulnerability
- ChaSen Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- CA ARCserve Backup Multiple Bufffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- ALLMediaServer Request Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability