The host is running Cogent DataHub and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation may allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code within the context of the privileged domain or cause a denial of service condition. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to Cogent DataHub version 7.1.2 or later. For updates refer to http://www.cogentdatahub.com/Products/Cogent_DataHub.html
The flaw is due to a stack based unicode buffer overflow error in the 'DH_OneSecondTick' function, which can be exploited by sending specially crafted 'domain', 'report_domain', 'register_datahub', or 'slave' commands.
Cogent DataHub 126.96.36.199 and prior.
- Citrix Provisioning Services 'streamprocess.exe' Component Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Apple iTunes 'itms:' URI Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BigAnt IM Server HTTP GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Photoshop Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Advantech Studio Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities