It was possible to connect to the SOCKS5 server through itself. This allow anybody to saturate the proxy CPU, memory or file descriptors.
reconfigure your proxy so that it refuses connections to itself
- FreeType Memory Corruption and Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Windows)
- Comodo Internet Security Denial of Service Vulnerability-04
- ClamAV Recursion Level Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability (Windows)
- Firefox 'nsObserverList::FillObserverArray' DOS Vulnerability (Win)
- CUPS Denial of Service Vulnerability - Jun09