This host is installed with CursorArts ZipWrangler and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code with a specially crafted ZIP file. Impact Level: Application.
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw exists due to boundary error when processing certain ZIP files, which leads to stack-based buffer overflow by tricking a user into opening a specially crafted ZIP file.
CursorArts ZipWrangler version 1.20.
- Apache mod_proxy content-length buffer overflow
- Blazevideo HDTV Player PLF File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ALLMediaServer Request Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multimedia Doc.media.newPlayer Code Execution Vulnerability (Win)
- Adobe Photoshop PNG Image Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities (Mac OS X)