The host is installed with CuteFTP and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code and potentially compromise a user's system. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade to version 8.3.4 or later, For updates refer to http://www.cuteftp.com/downloads
The flaw is due to error in 'Create New Site' feature when connecting to sites having an overly long label. This can be exploited to corrupt heap memory by tricking a user into importing a malicious site list and connecting to a site having an overly long label.
CuteFTP Home/Pro/Lite 8.3.3, 18.104.22.168 on Windows.
- Adobe Reader 'File Extension' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- ALLMediaServer Request Handling Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BarCodeWiz 'BarcodeWiz.dll' ActiveX Control BOF Vulnerability
- AIMP ID3 Tag Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Cyrus IMAP Server 'split_wildmats()' Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability