Eggdrop Server Module is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability because the application fails to bounds-check user-supplied data before copying it into an insufficiently sized buffer. An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code within the context of the affected application. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. Eggdrop 1.6.18 is known to be vulnerable other versions may be affected as well.
The vendor has released an update. Please see http://www.eggheads.org/ for more information.
Updated on 2015-03-25
- EtherApe RPC Packet Processing Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Adobe Flash Media Server Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability (August-2011)
- Adobe Reader 'AcroPDF.DLL' Denial of Service Vulnerability (Windows)
- Comodo Internet Security Denial of Service Vulnerability-04
- Cogent DataHub Integer Overflow Vulnerability