This host is running Epson EventManager and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful exploitation may allow remote attackers to cause the application to crash, creating a denial of service condition. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is caused due to an error in the Net Scan Monitor component when handling HTTP requests. This can be exploited to cause a crash via a specially crafted request sent to TCP port 2968.
Epson EventManager 2.50 and prior
- Adobe Digital Edition Denial of Service Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- Adobe Reader '.ETD File' Denial of Service Vulnerability (Windows)
- CUPS IPP Use-After-Free Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Apple Safari Multiple Vulnerabilities June-09 (Win) - I
- ClamAV get_unicode_name() Off-By-One Heap based BOF Vulnerability