The host is installed with Mozilla Firefox browser and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful remote exploitation could result in denying the service. Impact Level: Application
Upgerade to Firefox version 3.6.3 or later, For updates refer to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
Null pointer dereferencing error occurs in the broswer which fails to validate the user input data when designMode module is enabled. These can be exploited via replaceChild or removeChild call, followed by a queryCommandValue, queryCommandState or queryCommandIndeterm call.
Firefox version 3.x to 3.0.5 on Linux.
- Wireshark PPP And NFS Dissector Denial of Service Vulnerabilities (Mac OS X)
- Cisco VPN Client for Windows 'StartServiceCtrlDispatche' Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Samba 'etc/mtab' File Appending Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- PHP pdo_sql_parser.re 'PDO' extension DoS vulnerability (Windows)
- Wireshark IEEE 802.11 Dissector Denial of Service Vulnerability (Mac OS X)