The host is installed with Mozilla Firefox browser and is prone to denial of service vulnerability.
Successful remote exploitation could result in denying the service. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade to Firefox version 3.6.3 or later, For updates refer to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
Null pointer dereferencing error occurs in the broswer which fails to validate the user input data when designMode module is enabled. These can be exploited via replaceChild or removeChild call, followed by a queryCommandValue, queryCommandState or queryCommandIndeterm call.
Firefox version 3.x to 3.0.5 on Windows.
- WinFTP Server PASV Command Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- Firefox Browser designMode Null Pointer Dereference DoS Vulnerability - Linux
- Wireshark SMB PIPE Dissector Denial of Service Vulnerability (Windows)
- Hummingbird Connectivity FTP service XCWD Overflow