Hotfix to fix Flaw in Microsoft VM could Allow Code Execution (810030) Impact of vulnerability: Three vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could enable an attacker to gain complete control over a user's system. Maximum Severity Rating: Critical Recommendation: Administrators should install the patch immediately. Affected Software: Versions of the Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM) are identified by build numbers, which can be determined using the JVIEW tool as discussed in the FAQ. All builds of the Microsoft VM up to and including build 5.0.3805 are affected by these vulnerabilities. Supersedes : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms02-052.mspx See : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms02-069.mspx Also Note: Requires full registry access (Administrator) to run the test.
CVE CVE-2002-0862, CVE-2002-1183, CVE-2002-1257, CVE-2002-1258
CVSS Base Score: 10.0
- Checks for MS HOTFIX for snmp buffer overruns
- Microsoft Groove Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (2494047)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Multiple Code Execution Vulnerabilities (974455)
- Microsoft IIS FTP Server 'Malformed FTP List Request' DOS Vulnerability
- Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (956416)