The host is running FreeFTPD Server and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows remote attackers to crash an affected server, effectively denying service to legitimate users.
Upgrade to freeFTPd version 1.0.12 or later, For updates refer to http://www.freesshd.com/?ctt=download
The flaw is due to an improper handling of huge data in the 'PASS' command.
freeFTPd version 1.0.10 and prior.
Send the crafted FTP request and check server is dead or not.
- TurboFTP 'DELE' FTP Command Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Wing FTP Server Denial of Service Vulnerability and Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- QuickShare File Share FTP Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Buffy 'comb' Command Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- vsftpd '__tzfile_read()' Function Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability