The host is running FreeFTPD Server and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows remote attackers to crash an affected server, effectively denying service to legitimate users.
Upgrade to freeFTPd version 1.0.12 or later, For updates refer to http://www.freesshd.com/?ctt=download
The flaw is due to an improper handling of huge data in the 'PASS' command.
freeFTPd version 1.0.10 and prior.
Send the crafted FTP request and check server is dead or not.
- QuickShare File Share FTP Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Cerberus FTP Server Long Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- KnFTP Server 'FEAT' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- pyftpdlib FTP Server Denial of Service Vulnerability
- ProFTPD mod_tls Module NULL Character CA SSL Certificate Validation Security Bypass Vulnerability