This host is running Golden FTP Server and is prone to Directory Traversal vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow the remote authenticated user to access arbitrary folders and delete arbitrary files from the FTP directories.
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to an input validation error in 'DELE' command. It is possible to escape the FTP root and delete arbitrary files on the system via directory traversal (../../) attack methods.
Golden FTP Server Pro version 4.30 and prior. Golden FTP Server Free version 4.30 and prior.
- GuildFTPd Directory Traversal
- Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 'HTTP' Response Format String Vulnerability
- vsftpd '__tzfile_read()' Function Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Home FTP Server 'MKD' Command Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Serv-U 'SITE SET TRANSFERPROGRESS ON' Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability