This host is installed with Groovy Media Player and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly execute arbitrary code. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is caused by improper bounds checking when parsing malicious '.M3U' files.
Groovy Media Player 1.1.0
- Ziproxy Image Parsing Multiple Integer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- IpTools Tiny TCP/IP Servers Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IrfanView JPEG-2000 Plugin Remote Stack Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Personal File Share HTTP Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- XnView Multiple Image Decompression Heap Overflow Vulnerabilities (Windows)