This host is running IBM DB2 and is prone to privilege escalation vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to gain escalated privileges and cause a stack-based buffer overflow. Impact Level: Application
Apply the appropriate fix from below link, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21639355
The flaw is due to a boundary error within the setuid-set db2aud binary, which can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow.
IBM DB2 version 9.1.x, IBM DB2 version 9.5.x before FP9, IBM DB2 version 9.7.x before FP7, IBM DB2 version 9.8.x before FP5 and IBM DB2 version 10.1.x before FP1 on Linux
Get the installed version of IBM DB2 with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Oracle Database Server Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities
- IBM DB2 Administration Server (DAS) Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IBM DB2 Administration Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- MySQL 5.0.51a Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- IBM SolidDB 'solid.exe' Handshake Remote Code Execution Vulnerability