This host is running IBM DB2 and is prone to privilege escalation vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to gain escalated privileges and bypass certain security restrictions. Impact Level: Application
Apply the appropriate fix from below link, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21646809
The flaw is due to the program failing to limit users from the EXPLAIN authority, which will allow a remote attacker to potentially execute the SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE DML statements with elevated privileges.
IBM DB2 versions 9.8 through FP5 on Linux.
Get the installed version of IBM DB2 with the help of detect NVT and check the version is vulnerable or not.
- Oracle MySQL Multiple Unspecified vulnerabilities - 02 May14 (Windows)
- Oracle MySQL 'TEMPORARY InnoDB' Tables Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- MySQL multiple Vulnerabilities
- MongoDB mongod Malformed X.509 Certificate Handling Remote DoS Vulnerability
- IBM DB2 REPEAT Buffer Overflow and TLS Renegotiation Vulnerabilities (Linux)