This host has ICQ installed and is prone to Stack-based Buffer Overflow vulnerability.
An attacker may leverage this issue by execute arbitrary code and buffer overflow in the context of affected system, and can cause the application to crash (persistent). Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
Error due to improper bounds checking by the ICQToolBar.dll and this can be caused via an Internet shortcut .URL file containing a long URL parameter, when browsing a folder that contains this file.
ICQ version 6.5 on Windows
Updated on 2017-03-28
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- Oracle MySQL 'COM_FIELD_LIST' Command Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player Stack Overflow Vulnerability (Lin-Mar09)
- VLC Media Player '.RM' File BOF Vulnerability (Windows)
- Ziproxy Image Parsing Multiple Integer Overflow Vulnerabilities