The remote host is running INN (InterNetNews). The remote version of this server does not do proper bounds checking. An attacker may exploit this issue to crash the remote service by overflowing some of the buffers by sending a maliciously formatted news article.
Upgrade to version 2.2.2 of this service or newer
- Wireshark BER Dissector Stack Consumption Vulnerability (Mac OS X)
- Trend Micro OfficeScan URL Filtering Engine Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- ICQ 'ICQToolBar.dll' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Disk Pulse Server Stack Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player 'MP4_ReadBox_skcr()' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)