This host has Intel Desktop Boards running which is prone to Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability.
Successful exploitation lets the local users to bypass certain security restrictions and gain elevated privileges. Impact Level: System/Application
Upgrade the BIOS, http://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00022&languageid=en-fr
An unspecified error exists in System Management Mode (SMM) implementation in Intel Desktop Boards, which could allow software running administrative (ring 0) privilege to change code running in SMM.
Intel Desktop Board DB, DG, DH, DP, and DQ Series, http://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00022&languageid=en-fr
- VMware Products Guest Privilege Escalation Vulnerability - Nov09 (Win)
- VMware Tools Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (Linux)
- Intel Desktop Boards SMM Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (Linux)
- Dovecot ACL Plugin Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- OpenSC Incorrect RSA Keys Generation Vulnerability