This host is running IpTools and prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation may allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code within the context of the application or cause a denial of service condition. Impact Level: System/Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to a boundary error when processing large size packets. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted packet sent to port 23.
IpTools Tiny TCP/IP servers 0.1.4
- ImageMagick Integer Overflow Vulnerability - 03 June (Windows)
- VLC Media Player 'MP4_ReadBox_skcr()' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- Cyrus IMAP Server SIEVE Script Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VMCI/HGFS VmWare Code Execution Vulnerability (Win)
- Tcptrack Command Line Parsing Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability