This host has IrfanView installed and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerabilities.
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to allow execution of arbitrary code or to compromise a user's system. Impact Level: System/Application.
Upgrade to version 4.27 or later, For updates refer to http://www.irfanview.com
The flaws are due to, - A sign extension error when parsing certain 'PSD' images - A boundary error when processing certain 'RLE' compressed 'PSD' images. These can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow by tricking a user into opening a specially crafted PSD file.
IrfanView version prior to 4.27
- Sendmail Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Yahoo Messenger JPG Photo Sharing Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player Stack Overflow Vulnerability (Lin-Mar09)
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- Trend Micro OfficeScan URL Filtering Engine Buffer Overflow Vulnerability