This host has IrfanView with JPEG-2000 plugin installed and is prone to stack based buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code. Impact Level: Application
Upgrade IrfanView JPEG-2000 Plugin version to 4.33 or later For updates refer to http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm
The flaw is due to an error in the JPEG2000 plug-in when processing the Quantization Default (QCD) marker segment. This can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted JPEG2000 (JP2) file.
IrfanView JPEG-2000 Plugin version prior to 4.33
- Terminal Server Client RDP File Processing BOF Vulnerabilities
- Groovy Media Player '.m3u' File Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Wireshark BER Dissector Stack Consumption Vulnerability (Win)
- ScriptFTP 'GETLIST' or 'GETFILE' Commands Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- XnView Multiple Image Decompression Heap Overflow Vulnerabilities (Windows)