This host is installed with KMPlayer and is prone to buffer overflow vulnerability.
Successful exploitation allows attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the application. Failed attacks will cause denial-of-service conditions. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to an error when processing MP3 files and can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted file.
KMPlayer versions 184.108.40.2060 and prior.
- Personal File Share HTTP Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player 'MP4_ReadBox_skcr()' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Linux)
- ImageMagick Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities - 01 June13 (Windows)
- xine-lib Multiple Vulnerabilities (Aug-08)
- Gabset Media Player Classic Integer Overflow Vulnerability