According to its banner, the remote MailEnable is prone to multiple remote denial-of-service vulnerabilities. An attacker can exploit these issue to crash the affected application, denying service to legitimate users. MailEnable 4.25 Standard Edition, Professional Edition, and Enterprise Edition are vulnerable other versions may also be affected.
The vendor has released hotfix ME-10044. Please see the references for more information.
- Code-Crafters Ability Mail Server IMAP FETCH Request Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- MailEnable 'MESMTRPC.exe' SMTP Service Multiple Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Sendmail Group Permissions Vulnerability
- Sendmail Parsing Redirection DOS
- Check if Mailserver answer to VRFY and EXPN requests