Please Install the Updated Packages.
A number of vulnerabilities in the Wireshark program were found that could cause crashes, excessive looping, or arbitrary code execution. This update provides Wireshark 0.99.7 which is not vulnerable to these issues. An updated version of libsmi is also being provided, not because of security issues, but because this version of wireshark uses it instead of net-snmp for SNMP support. Update: This update is being reissued without libcap (kernel capabilities) support, as that is not required by the original released packages, and thus gave trouble for a number of users.
wireshark on Mandriva Linux 2007.0, Mandriva Linux 2007.0/X86_64, Mandriva Linux 2007.1, Mandriva Linux 2007.1/X86_64, Mandriva Linux 2008.0, Mandriva Linux 2008.0/X86_64
CVE CVE-2007-6111, CVE-2007-6112, CVE-2007-6113, CVE-2007-6114, CVE-2007-6115, CVE-2007-6116, CVE-2007-6117, CVE-2007-6118, CVE-2007-6119, CVE-2007-6120, CVE-2007-6121, CVE-2007-6438, CVE-2007-6439, CVE-2007-6441, CVE-2007-6450, CVE-2007-6451
CVSS Base Score: 10.0
- Mandrake Security Advisory MDVSA-2009:085 (gstreamer0.10-plugins-base)
- Mandrake Security Advisory MDVSA-2009:095 (ghostscript)
- Mandrake Security Advisory MDVSA-2009:189 (apache-mod_auth_mysql)
- Mandrake Security Advisory MDVSA-2009:171 (pulseaudio)
- Mandrake Security Advisory MDVSA-2009:050-1 (python-pycrypto)