Mereo is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability because it fails to perform adequate boundary checks on user-supplied input before copying it to an insufficiently sized memory buffer. An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code within the context of the affected application. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. Mereo 1.9.2 is vulnerable other versions may also be affected.
- RealPlayer Watch Folders Function Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- VLC Media Player USF and Text Subtitles Decoders BOF Vulnerabilities (Windows)
- Novell File Reporter 'SRS' Tag Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability
- UnrealIRCd User Authentication Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- NTP Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability