Mereo is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability because it fails to perform adequate boundary checks on user-supplied input before copying it to an insufficiently sized memory buffer. An attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary code within the context of the affected application. Failed exploit attempts will result in a denial-of-service condition. Mereo 1.9.2 is vulnerable other versions may also be affected.
- Trend Micro OfficeScan URL Filtering Engine Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Simple Web Server Connection Header Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player '.AVI' File BOF Vulnerability (Windows)
- Oracle MySQL 'COM_FIELD_LIST' Command Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Pango Integer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability