This host is missing a critical security update according to Microsoft Bulletin MS10-070.
Successful exploitation could allow remote attackers to decrypt and gain access to potentially sensitive data encrypted by the server or read data from arbitrary files within an ASP.NET application. Obtained information may aid in further attacks. Impact Level: System/Application
Run Windows Update and update the listed hotfixes or download and update mentioned hotfixes in the advisory from the below link, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS10-070.mspx
The flaw is due to an error within ASP.NET in the handling of cryptographic padding when using encryption in CBC mode. This can be exploited to decrypt data via returned error codes from an affected server.
Microsoft ASP.NET 1.0 Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5.1 Microsoft ASP.NET 1.1 SP1 and prior Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 SP2 and prior Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 and prior
Updated on 2015-03-25
- Microsoft .NET Framework Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (2538814)
- Microsoft Windows Local Procedure Call Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability (2898715)
- Microsoft Visio Information Disclosure Vulnerability (2834692)
- Microsoft RDP flaws could allow sniffing and DOS(Q324380)
- Microsoft .NET Framework Chart Control Information Disclosure Vulnerability (2567943)