This host is installed with Microsoft Office Excel and is prone to remote code execution vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms11-023.nasl (OID:188.8.131.52.4.1.256184.108.40.2062364).
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to execute arbitrary codes, cause memory corruption and other attacks in the context of the application through crafted Excel file. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw exists in office drawing file format. When parsing shape data within a particular container, the application fails to remove the reference to an object when an error occurs.
Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 OpenType Font Engine DoS Vulnerability
- The remote host is infected by a virus
- Microsoft WMI Administrative Tools ActiveX Control Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft Windows Address Book Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- SMB Registry : XP Service Pack version