This host is missing critical security update according to Microsoft Bulletin MS08-043.
Remote attackers could be able to corrupt memory locations via a specially crafted Excel (.xls) files. Impact Level : System
Run Windows Update and update the listed hotfixes or download and update mentioned hotfixes in the advisory from the below link. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-043.mspx
Multiple flaw are due to, - index values are not properly validated when loading Excel files into memory. - an errors during processing/parsing of certain array indexes and record values when loading Excel files into memory. - a password strings to remote data sources are not being properly deleted even when configured to not store credentials.
Microsoft Excel 2002/XP/2003/2007 on Windows (All). Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003/2007 on Windows (All).
Updated on 2015-03-25
CVE CVE-2008-3003, CVE-2008-3004, CVE-2008-3005, CVE-2008-3006
CVSS Base Score: 9.3
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Multiple Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities (2879017)
- ADODB.Stream object from Internet Explorer (KB870669)
- Host Integration Server RPC Service Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (956695)
- Microsoft 'hxvz.dll' ActiveX Control Memory Corruption Vulnerability (948881)
- Microsoft .NET Framework and Silverlight Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (2514842)