This host is installed with Internet Explorer and is prone to Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will let the attacker execute arbitrary code, corrupt process memory and also crash the bowser leading to denial-of-service conditions. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw is due to buffer overflow error in the the 'AddFavorite' method when processing a long URL in the first argument.
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.x and 8.x
Updated on 2017-03-28
- AbsoluteFTP 'LIST' Command Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player OGG Demuxer Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Windows)
- Personal File Share HTTP Server Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VLC Media Player '.AVI' File BOF Vulnerability (Windows)
- Disk Pulse Server Stack Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability