This host is installed with Microsoft Office Excel and is prone to multiple remote code execution vulnerability. This NVT has been replaced by NVT secpod_ms11-021.nasl (OID:126.96.36.199.4.1.256188.8.131.522410).
Successful exploitation will allow attacker to execute arbitrary codes, cause memory corruption and other attacks in the context of the application through crafting malicious codes inside a Excel file. Impact Level: System
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
The flaw occurs when parsing a document with a malformed Excel document. When parsing an office art object, the application fails to put appropriate trust parameters.
Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Invalid Object Type Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Excel 2007 Office Drawing Layer Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Microsoft Visual Studio Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Microsoft .NET Framework 'RC4' Information Disclosure Vulnerability (2960358)
- WS_FTP client weak stored password