This host is installed with Microsoft Office Excel which is prone to arbitrary code execution vulnerability.
Successful exploitation will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code or or cause denial of service condition via a crafted XLS file. Impact Level: Application
No solution or patch was made available for at least one year since disclosure of this vulnerability. Likely none will be provided anymore. General solution options are to upgrade to a newer release, disable respective features, remove the product or replace the product by another one.
An error exists in the Microsoft Office Excel Viewer and Excel when handling crafted '.xls' files.
Microsoft Excel Viewer 2007 Service Pack 3 and prior Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3
- Opera relative path directory traversal file corruption vulnerability
- MS IE Information Disclosure and Web Site Spoofing Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft Windows Minimum Certificate Key Length Spoofing Vulnerability (2661254)
- Microsoft SMB Signing Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- Opera web browser address bar spoofing weakness (2)